Let’s face it. Computers aren’t cheap to fix, nor are they cheap to replace. But with the proper care, your computer may be able to stick around longer than you might think. By following these tips, you can save your computer from a premature death.
- Think you need to shut off your computer every time you are finished using it? You don’t want to power your computer on and off too frequently, but you also don’t want to leave it on for weeks on end. Only shutting your computer off every other day is perfectly fine.
- A buildup of dust in the fan vents can cause the internal components of your computer to overheat due to inadequate air flow. Blow out the fan vents regularly to help extend the life of your computer. To prevent bowing the dust further into the computer, it’s best to take it apart or have a computer repair specialist do it for you.
- Speaking of air vents, if you use a laptop, be sure to keep it resting on a hard surface. Using it on a soft surface such as a pillow, bed, or even your lap can obstruct the air vents causing your laptop to overheat.
- Many potential issues with your computer can be prevented by having quality anti-virus/malware installed and regularly updated. Also make sure you perform other necessary software updates on your computer or laptop.
- Last but not least, USE A SURGE PROTECTOR!
Also, it’s never a bad idea to have your computer tuned up by a professional. For a qualified computer repair technician in Long Island or Huntington, call TotalTech Repair today at 631-517-0021!