The best way to ensure your phone stays completely damage free is to choose a smartphone case. There are many phone cases out there ranging from artsy, cute, and functional. If you are tough on your phone, your best bet is a case that will keep your phone intact. Here are three of the best smartphone cases.
Otterbox Smartphone Case
This is considered one of the best smartphone cases out there. Features include a built-in screen protector, polycarbonate shell, and button covers make it easy to use. These tend to run at $40 or higher.
Speck Smartphone Case
These are really popular phone cases. They are light-weight but are very durable. Speck offers a one year warranty which is really incredible for smartphone users. These run at $40 or higher.
Lifeproof Smartphone Case
Lifeproof cases are incredible smartphone cases if you are in an environment where your phone needs superior protection, like going to the lake or skiing. It can be submerged in up to 6 feet of water. Because the phone is indestructible, the phone case runs at around $90.
Ballistic Smartphone Case
This phone case can survive a drop from about 7 feet! If you are someone who likes to replace their screen protector more than once, this case comes with an extra one!
If your smartphone case didn’t prevent cracks or damage, call (631) 517-0021 the professionals at TotalTech Repair! We have been servicing phones and computers in Long Island, NY since 2005 and will be able to help you with any problem you might have.
Whether you’ve had your computer for awhile or it’s relatively new, maintenance both inside and out is still important! It can help your computer last longer and running smoothly. We’ve compiled a list of computer maintenance tips to help keep your computer in its best shape!
Dust likes to settle in those tiny crevasses between keys on the keyboard. You may also notice a buildup on the outside of your computer. A can of compressed air will take care of any dust in hard-to-reach areas. As for the rest of the computer, wipe the screen with a screen-friendly cleaner and lenscloth to keep your hardware looking good.
It’s a good idea to go through the files on your computer and delete any that are no longer useful to you. Deleting old school assignments and programs you no longer need or use will free up space on your computer and help it run faster. Something else you can do for all the important files you don’t want to lose is to back up your computer! You can either buy an external hard drive or back it up to a cloud-based server. This way, if you lose any of your files or your computer crashes, you’ll have a backup elsewhere.
Don’t forget about that anti-virus software! If you haven’t invested in your computer’s safety already, now would be a good time. You can save money and hassle by buying software that protects your computer against viruses, malware, pop-ups and more!
If you need any input for computer maintenance, don’t hesitate to call our experts at (631) 517-0021 today!
When shopping for a new phone, do you know what features to look for? Depending on what you plan on using the phone for, there a few things you should keep in mind while researching which smartphone is best for your needs.
Do you play a lot of games?
Many people have begun using their phone as an alternative to popular handheld video game devices. If you like to play games on your phone, you might want a phone with a larger screen size for better gaming.
If you’re not really into gaming and want a phone that is comfortable enough to use with one hand, look for a screen size around 5 inches or less.
Is your phone full of selfies?
Phone companies today are very competitive when it comes to camera quality and who has the best camera changes constantly. If you are looking for a phone with a top quality camera, look for a smartphone that has a wide aperture and a high number in pixel size.
If you love taking pictures, you’ll want a phone with plenty of storage as well. Games are increasingly taking up more space in storage so it’s best to go with a phone with a minimum of 32GB storage.
Do you need a battery that lasts?
If you are always on the go, having a phone that constantly needs to sit on the charger is an inconvenience. Look for a phone with a 3,000 mAh battery or higher. These tend to last the longest even with lots of use. Newer phones come with fast charging capabilities as well, so when you do need to charge up your phone it won’t take hours for a full recharge.
Whether you need help setting up a new phone or you want to improve the phone you have, Total Tech Repair can assist you with getting your tech gadgets working properly. Call us today at (631) 517-0021 for more information on our tech support services.
At TotalTech Repair, we know cracking your phone screen is quite a hassle. If the crack is mild, it’s unsightly and makes reading on your phone difficult. If the crack is severe, you may be getting tiny pieces of glass in your finger and reading is impossible. Below are a few tips to preventing those cracked screens that will save you from having to shell out the money for a repair.
- Keep your phone in a case. We know many phones look sleek without any type of case on them, but going without one increases your phone’s chances of a damaging fall. Many types of phone cases are made with protection AND aesthetics in mind, so you don’t have to sacrifice the sleek look of your phone for its safety. There are many in-store and online options for phone cases with varying levels of protection.
Cracks can be unsightly and make using your phone next to impossible.
- Use a screen protector (if that case doesn’t come with one). Although some of the more heavy-duty phone cases come with screen protectors, some do not. There are several types of tempered glass screen protectors on the market for many different models and types of phones. At minimum, even if you can’t bring yourself to put your phone in a case, get a screen protector to keep your phone’s screen from cracking. You’ll thank us for the recommendation when your phone falls and the protector takes the force of the fall and cracks but your phone’s screen underneath is still in pristine condition!
- Make good habits of keeping your phone in safe places away from water and possible falls. Do you need to carry your phone in your hand while you’re also carrying an armful of groceries? Probably not. A lot of times you’ll probably find that you’re carrying your phone in your hand when it may not even be convenient. Getting in the habit of keeping your phone in a purse, bag or secure zippered jacket pocket will save you from the devastation of needing a screen repair later.
If you do suffer a crack in your phone screen for any brand or model, don’t hesitate to call the pros at (631) 517-0021 and we can repair it for you quickly!
Are you one of those people who walks into a coffee shop and immediately looks for an electrical outlet? Do you regularly have to text your friend saying, “Sorry, my phone died”? If so, you may need a strategy to get the most out of your device’s battery life. When you’re running on low, follow these tips to get the most out of your battery.
- Be sure to turn on your computer’s battery saver mode. This will help reduce battery power from non-essential tasks.
- You can also adjust the brightness settings. Dim your screen and keyboard to save some power.
- Turn off the music. If you often listen to music in the background, shut it off. Mute your speakers to completely cut off power.
- Close unnecessary programs. If you have 5 programs, 20 browser tabs and 5 Word documents open, dial it back. Only keep open what you absolutely need to work on.
- Many of the same tips go for your smartphone. Start by turning on your low power mode. This will reduce certain non-essential functions like some push notifications and mail fetch.
- Dim your screen. If you can, lower your brightness as far as it will go.
- Close apps. Many people have no idea how to close the apps on their phone, so make sure you are doing this regularly.
- See what’s eating up your battery. If there’s a particular app using most of your battery life (Pokemon Go anyone?), try to cut back on its use.
For more tips and help with your tech, contact Total Tech Repair today at (631) 517-0021!
Are you that person clumsy person? Is your phone screen in shards? Are you on your third phone in two years? If you said yes any or, maybe all of these questions, then you’re in the perfect place. You may need o look into a device that will be a bit more fitting for you. Check out some of the most durable phones around!
This stud like phone has a battery that allows for up to 25 hours of talk time and a 32 GB if memory. This isn’t your typical smartphone. This device is dust-proof, shockproof, and even water proof. It’s even passed the Military Standard Ranking which is actual proof that this is one of the best of the best.
One of the more rugged devices on the market, this smart phone is designed for intense activities such as military applications. Only costing about $450, which is relatively cheap, it allows for up to 26 hours of talk time and has a vibrant HD display screen.
Another device that is considered to be one of the most rugged phones around, this device is perfect for construction workers and military fieldwork. Considering that this phone is actually made by a construction company, there should be no questions about this phone’s durability.It has the ability to be submerged in up to about three feet of water for up to 30 minutes at time and come out working perfectly fine.
So if you don’t happen to have one these phones, Total Tech Repair is here to take care of your damaged devices. Give us a call at (631) 517-0021.
If you’re a US resident, chances are good that you have a flat screen television. Flat screens — LCDs and LEDs — account for 80% of all televisions in the country. They are more affordable than ever, but they can still be fragile. Here are some tips for prolonging their life and keeping them from needing repairs.
- Keep it Dry. Humidity is the enemy of flat screen televisions. Keep yours on a stand or wall that is far away from humid parts of your home, such as bathrooms or laundry rooms.
- Keep it Cool. Extreme heat can damage flat screens, but so can extreme cold. If you live in a climate where temperatures get very high or very low, keep your TV in a place where the temperature can be regulated.
- Keep it Clean. You don’t want to let dust build up on or behind your TV, because it can reduce the television’s lifespan. If you leave home for vacation or another extended period of time, unplug the TV and drape a dry cloth over it.
- Keep it Safe. Be sure to keep your television out of the reach of children and pets. Also, don’t attempt to disassemble the TV to work inside it. Always leave that to the professionals.
If your flat screen TV needs to be repaired, give us a call right away so that we can get it back in working order!