Are you one of those people who walks into a coffee shop and immediately looks for an electrical outlet? Do you regularly have to text your friend saying, “Sorry, my phone died”? If so, you may need a strategy to get the most out of your device’s battery life. When you’re running on low, follow these tips to get the most out of your battery.
- Be sure to turn on your computer’s battery saver mode. This will help reduce battery power from non-essential tasks.
- You can also adjust the brightness settings. Dim your screen and keyboard to save some power.
- Turn off the music. If you often listen to music in the background, shut it off. Mute your speakers to completely cut off power.
- Close unnecessary programs. If you have 5 programs, 20 browser tabs and 5 Word documents open, dial it back. Only keep open what you absolutely need to work on.
- Many of the same tips go for your smartphone. Start by turning on your low power mode. This will reduce certain non-essential functions like some push notifications and mail fetch.
- Dim your screen. If you can, lower your brightness as far as it will go.
- Close apps. Many people have no idea how to close the apps on their phone, so make sure you are doing this regularly.
- See what’s eating up your battery. If there’s a particular app using most of your battery life (Pokemon Go anyone?), try to cut back on its use.
For more tips and help with your tech, contact Total Tech Repair today at (631) 517-0021!